You’ve been waiting for what seems like forever. I still remember how hard the last month of pregnancy is but finally you’re in your third trimester and your September baby’s arrival is a few short weeks away.
Wait, what!? All of a sudden you feel like you’re running out of time to be prepared and that nesting instinct is well and truly kicking in!
So what’s left to do in your third trimester?
- Firstly, if you haven’t packed your hospital bag yet, you definitely need to have that ready now! So make that a priority.
- It’s sensible to have a dry run of installing the baby seat in the car. When it’s time to bring your baby home, you definitely don’t want to be faffing about with instructions. It’s also a good idea to store the seat in the car from now!
- Stock the freezer. You are not going to feel like cooking, not to mention have the time, once you bring your baby home. It makes sense to stock up your freezer with pre-portioned meals to last you for at least a couple of weeks after the baby arrives.
- Assemble your pram
- Buy a sling. You’ll probably use a sling much more than you expect – they’re especially useful in the first few weeks. And your hands will be free!
- Book a pamper session or mini moon. This is your last chance to be a couple before your baby arrives so take full advantage. Even if it’s only to book yourself a pampering session at a salon.
- Finish work. Tying up all of your loose ends at work is very satisfying – especially when you know you won’t be back for at least a few months. But it can also be stressful so ask for help at work if you need it.
- Prepare for your Health Visitor appointment. Many new mums don’t realise your health visitor now arranges to call to your home to meet you before your baby is born. They’ll want to have a look at where baby will be sleeping and basically support you to ensure you have everything ready.
- Finalise your birth plan. Of course, you can’t be guaranteed the birth that you hope for, but having a birth plan can help you to stay focused during your labour.
- Book your Newborn Portraits! If you haven’t done this yet, don’t wait until your baby arrives as I may be fully booked and unable to accommodate you. The third trimenster is the perfect time to book your newborn photoshoot. You can find out more information here. You can also get some inspiration from my Instagram or Pinterest account and see what images you are drawn to.
I hope my list has helped you to tick off some final few ‘to-do’s’ before your baby arrives.
I wish you all the best with the imminent arrival of your baby!