Are you expecting a baby this September?
September is the month with the highest birth rate (I wonder if that could be related to the fact it’s around nine months after the festive season!) so it’s my busiest time of the year! You can see all the cute babies’ photos in my gallery.
I thought it was a great time to pull together some September baby fun facts.
Feel free to share them with any mums who are due this September.
The birthstone for September is the sapphire, which symbolises purity and wisdom. Sapphires are also thought to ease pain and reduce stress – perhaps you should take one into the delivery room with you!
September Star Sign
Your baby will either be a Virgo (August 24 – September) or a Libra (September 23 – October 23). My daughter is Libra and I see in her some of the typical traits of this sign like being clever and diplomatic.
The birth flowers for September are the Aster and the Morning Glory. Asters are symbols of love and Morning Glories are symbols of affection. Such a beautiful meaning.
September Baby Fun Facts
Studies suggest that September babies excel at school – could this be related to the fact they’re the oldest in their school year.
September babies also excel in sports – again this could be related to the fact they’re the oldest, and therefore the strongest, in their school year.
September babies are statistically more likely to live to be 100 than babies born in other months!
Celebrities with September birthdays include Beyonce, Will Smith, Keanu Reeves and Prince Harry.
September Baby Names
This is a list of baby names inspired by this month.
- September (well, duh?)
- Sapphire (September’s birthstone)
- Indigo (representing the dark blue of a sapphire)
- Aster (September’s birth flower)
- Autumn (it is technically the start of autumn, right?)
- Virgo (the month’s main star sign)
- Libra (the month’s other star sign)
- Amber (the colour of autumn)
- Hazel (another autumnal colour)
- Iris (a flower in season during September)
- Delphie (short for delphinium, another flower in season during September)
- Equinox (the autumn equinox takes place in late September)
- Knox (short for Equinox)
- Medini (a Welsh name meaning ‘born in September’)
- Rose (also a flower in season during the month)
Is your baby due in September?
My availability is very limited, however, do get in touch and I will try my best to find a solution. If some babies are late or early I can happily fit you in.
I’d hate you to miss out, the newborn stage is fleeting, and we can’t go back and capture it! If you are looking for a baby photographer in London check my website or simply fill out the form and I will get back to you with my availability.